Hello Pals of Proxy,
Ryan from the Proxy Networks Support Team here with a summer update! Our remote desktop software products have improved once again with the release of PROXY Pro v10.0.0 Hotfix #2. It’s the latest in our remote support software line and we’ve rolled in several enhancements, improvements and bug fixes into our latest version. Below you’ll find a summary of what’s new along with where to download it.
PROXY Pro v10 RAS Server Installation
In version 10.0.0, installation of the server software was greatly simplified by providing a bundle installer. This allowed all of the server-side components to be installed by running a single installation file. With Hotfix #1, we took this further and now guide the user step-by-step to ensure these components are configured correctly. Additionally, we now actively guard against many potential mis-configurations. Various scenarios which some customers ran into with the initial release have been collected, analyzed and now guarded against.
PROXY Pro Server Configuration Check Utility
This is a new standalone utility added to help diagnose and modify a server installation. It will examine the server system’s configuration and identify possible configuration errors. It also allows for easy changing of the DNS name, networking ports, and SSL certificate selections for the installation. This utility is conveniently accessible from the Windows Start menu.
PROXY Pro Deployment Tool
In the initial release of v10.0.0, the PROXY pro Deployment Tool had not been updated. This release contains an updated release of the Deployment Tool (v10). Installation of this tool will upgrade v9 and earlier versions while preserving the relevant/supported state. This resolves the issues around creating and applying configurations for the Master component.
Bug Fixes & Enhancements for PROXY Pro:
- Print spooler is now stopped as appropriate after installation of Remote Printing.
- Better handling of transparent/invisible cursor shapes has been implemented. The Master now treats invisible pointer as equivalent to “null” pointer, so “show local cursor if Host cursor is missing or hidden” option works.
- Cursor calibration now correct when scaling. Host user mode mouse input injection was wrong in multiple monitor configuration with different display scale factors.
- Master v10 was not sorting by IP address correctly.
- Host Manage Visual Effects (MVE) feature more reliable, should restore wallpaper correctly, and manages ClearType setting explicitly.
- A Master crash in specific circumstances fixed.
- A Host crash in specific circumstances fixed.
- Using PhSetup to repeatedly add security to Host configuration no longer creates duplicate entries.
- Account validation on non-domain joined machines evaluates the authority.
- Master cycling monitor window is now always view-only and cannot take input control.
- The End User License Agreement for all components (EULA) has been updated.
Bug Fixes & Enhancements Specific to PROXY Pro RAS:
- Various user interface glitches fixed throughout PROXY Pro Web Console (popup display, column sorting, etc.)
- The RAS server may not automatically remove transient Hosts that have gone away and may blank out most fields of a Host record if there was an error during Host status processing.
- RAS server TCP polling was broken. The RAS server tried to simultaneously connect to entire poll range, which caused severe problems for large polling ranges. This now polls as before, one address at a time.
- Security and Reliability “X-Forwarded-For” in HTTP header on WSS protocol caused RAS server to crash.
- Other reliability improvements that enhance the stability of Host, Master and RAS server components.
- The latest OpenSSL, v1.0.2o, has been incorporated into the product.
Development efforts continue throughout the summer and here’s a preview into one of the upcoming features. Our very next release will expand our compatibility beyond the current set of supported browsers because we plan to make the Host on Demand available as an .exe. The Host on Demand will continue to launch the way it does today when launched from IE, Edge and Chrome (with the ClickOnce plugin). When launched in other browsers without the ClickOnce plugin, the HOD will download and run as .exe, no longer requiring the use of IE, Edge or Chrome, meaning users can share their desktops from any browser they choose.
Existing customers looking to migrate to v10 from v9 should refer to our Best Practices for Migration Guide which explains how to get onto v10 without any disruption or operational impact to your current version.
PROXY Pro v10.0.0 Hotfix #2 is available for download from www.proxynetworks.com/download.
Please send your v10 license inquiry to email@example.com and we’ll handle your request in the order that it was received. Reach out with any questions!
Proxy Networks Support Team