Hello Friends of Proxy,
We’re posting to announce the release of PROXY Pro v10.3 Hotfix #3!
We will be upgrading PROXY Air servers, our hosted remote desktop service, over the course of the next couple weeks starting as soon as this Saturday evening during the next planned maintenance window.
A complete listing of incremental changes can be found in our “What’s New?” release notes. For your convenience, I have extracted the list of changes specific to today’s release below:
• Several important reliability fixes are included in the Web Console and Gateway Server components. Although the issues rarely occur, and may not occur in all environments, it’s recommended that all PROXY Pro Server installations be upgraded to this release to avoid these issues.
– A Gateway Server crash due to an error in Host status processing was fixed. This could happen only in a small window if the connection failed after it was established but before the Gateway read the Host status.
– A transport-level crash due to improper error handling was fixed. This could impact either Host or Gateway, and occurred if an inbound connection was established, and the initial protocol negotiation occurs, but then client fails to send expected data within a timeout
– A memory leak in the Web Console, resulting in error code 0xC004C056, could occur if the HTML5 Remote Control feature was used and the Gateway Server internal access was using the TCP, WS, or SSL protocols (and not WSS).
• Gateway Server system host “Performance Monitor” now reports on Identity Manager and Web Console process statistics, if those processes are on the same machine as the Gateway Server.
• ServerConfigCheck utility now reports on Identity Manager discovery document problems with much more accurate and useful information; previously, most problems would be (possibly incorrectly) reported as HTTP 503 (service not available).
• Web Console Analytics > Services page showed station name plus machine name (if these are different) in this view, but only allowed search on station name. Elsewhere in the product, the station name (only) is shown. The machine name was removed from the Services view for consistency and to avoid confusion with searching.
• Web Console’s Host context menu options “Connect via [Client] for View Only” was not properly handling the “view only” request and the helper application would take input control on connection. This impacted “Connect via ClickOnce for View Only” and “Connect via Installed Master for View Only” on Windows, and “Connect via Helper for View Only” on Macintosh.
• Web Console > Gateway > Gateway Settings > Grouping Rules > IPv4 Grouping Rule was previously limited to a range of 4096 addresses per rule. This has been relaxed and ranges up to 16777215 are now permitted.
• Installed Master did not dismiss the automatic reconnect dialog if remote control was reconnected, but one of the other services could not be connected-to. This specifically happened with Gateway-based connections where the Master user did not have the right to access the Chat service.
• The HostPrep utility (used to prepare a Host installation on a system that is being “sysprep”ed for duplication or imaging) did not work correctly in any v10.x release, and the result was that Host settings could not be established in the base image and preserved across the Windows “sysprep” operation.
• Host for Transient VDI-type Hosts were not generating new or unique Host PIN values, so all VDI instances from the same image had the same Host PIN.
• An issue with remote controlling a Host machine that in turn runs the Hyper-V Manager Virtual Machine Connection (VMC) window to remote control a Hyper-V virtual machine has been fixed. The behavior is that shifted characters, e.g. symbols type by using SHIFT and a number key, were not reliably being injected into the virtual machine. PROXY Pro Host now works around this issue with the VMC application to ensure these characters are entered correctly. If you experience this issue, you must upgrade the PROXY Pro Host on the machine running VMC to get the fixed behavior.
Thank you everyone!
Proxy Networks Support Team