Hello Friends of Proxy,
We have now released PROXY Pro v10.4 Hotfix #2!
We will be upgrading PROXY Air servers, our hosted remote desktop service, over the course of the next few weeks.
Below is a direct copy/paste from the release notes and for a complete historical breakdown of what’s changed release-by-release feel free to skim our “What’s New?” release notes PDF.
List of changes in v10.4 Hotfix #2:
• Host screen capture improvements: Host v10.4 uses the Windows DXGI API for screen capturing, replacing the previous legacy technique. Several issues are addressed, including fixing issues with multiple monitor systems (specifically when multiple video cards are in use).
• Host GPU utilization: Host v10.3 introduced display “watermark” features, and v10.4 added screen blanking. Prior to this release, these features caused high GPU utilization even when they were not in use.
• Host installation and deployment: The service for Host v10.4 is automatically started at the end of an installation, but the process used caused issues with some deployment systems, specifically Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. This release changes the process used to stop and start the Host service, and works around issues that were seen. The installer also more reliably prompts for system restart (or exits with code indicating a restart is required) when a restart is recommended or required.
• Web Console Security Editor: The Web Console security editor user interface has several fixes in edge cases that were not commonly exercised to ensure that all security editing operations are understandable and consistent.
• Operating Systems: Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022 are now recognized and decoded by the software, and are fully supported.
Thanks for keeping up with us!
Proxy Networks Support Team