PROXY Pro v10.4 Hotfix #2 is now available!
Hello Friends of Proxy Networks,
We have just released PROXY Pro v10.4 Hotfix #2!
The new software version is available from the Download page on our website and our upgrade guides are located on the Documentation page.
The new software version is available for download from products.proxynetworks.com/downloads/ and our Best Practices for Upgrading guides are located at proxynetworks.com/documentation.
This one officially introduces support for Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022 and fixes a few bugs. Below you’ll find a direct copy/paste from the release notes.
• Host screen capture improvements: Host v10.4 uses the Windows DXGI API for screen capturing, replacing the previous legacy technique. Several issues are addressed, including fixing issues with multiple monitor systems (specifically when multiple video cards are in use).
• Host GPU utilization: Host v10.3 introduced display “watermark” features, and v10.4 added screen blanking. Prior to this release, these features caused high GPU utilization even when they were not in use.
• Host installation and deployment: The service for Host v10.4 is automatically started at the end of an installation, but the process used caused issues with some deployment systems, specifically Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. This release changes the process used to stop and start the Host service, and works around issues that were seen. The installer also more reliably prompts for system restart (or exits with code indicating a restart is required) when a restart is recommended or required.
• Web Console Security Editor: The Web Console security editor user interface has several fixes in edge cases that were not commonly exercised to ensure that all security editing operations are understandable and consistent.
• Operating Systems: Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022 are now recognized and decoded by the software, and are fully supported.
Although that’s it for this release, work continues on the next one. We appreciate you keeping up with what’s new at Proxy!
Proxy Networks Support Team